Friday, August 27, 2010

And So It Begins

And so it begins, another semester of classes. Fall classes started on Wednesday. As seems to be my tradition, here's a list of random snark thoughts from the first week:
  1. This book is recommended rather than required. Recommended mean I'm not buying it.
  2. That guy has the pointiest head I've ever seen! And that blond buzz cut is a horrible haircut for his head shape. Telling him that is mean yes? But twittering that thought is fine, also yes?
  3. You know what a boring class is? Anything with the words "ancient civilization" in the title.
  4. The you're-going-to-hell-if-you-are-a-b-c -guy is back. Wow, he's starting early this year.
  5. Sometimes I sing my abc's when I'm alphabetizing stuff.
  6. Does everyone here wear some sort of greek shirt? Seriously, everyone.
  7. Is the girl next to me typing a novel or a text message?
  8. Does anyone really think that hiding the phone under your desk is fooling anyone? Really, staring at your lap with a notebook on the table is normal class posture.
  9. Random girl in hall: "I haven't talked to him in forever. We're, like, best friends." Uh huh, can't be that great if you haven't talked in forever.
  10. Text book prices make the baby jesus cry!

No comments: