Sunday, August 22, 2010

Draft day!

It's fantasy football time baby! Woot!

Since it's all women in this league, sometimes we wonder how/if our draft is different then our guys' drafts. I imagine there are some differences. Like how someone picked Tom Brady the first year solely because he was "dirty hot" and not because he's a good quarterback. Or that we used the message boards to say "thanks for hosting Jeanne!" Or to post the recipe for someone's breakfast tart as well.

Maybe the fact that we have brunch with draft day is probably a big difference too huh? The first year we drafted, I made muffins the night before I drove up and my ex (who I was living with at the time) could not comprehend why I was doing so.

me: What do you mean why am I making muffins for draft day? We're doing brunch too.
x: Yeah, but why?
me: You told me these things last hours! We'll need food. What, do you guys not eat?
x: Well, maybe a guy will bring a bag of chips or something. We'll order pizza if we can get so-and-so to chip in.
me: Lame. My draft already sounds better.
x: Yeah...but how do you do have brunch and draft?
me: Really? It's not that hard to coordinate, you tell everyone to bring a brunch thing when you send the invite out.
x: You do invites?
me: Oh god.

Four years later, we're still doing brunch, it's still all women, and the number one rule is still no asking the SO for help/input. I came in second place last year (woot!), even though my quarterback was a joke last year. Oh, and I still have no idea what off-sides is. Nor do i really care to find out. Who cares?

Bring it ladies!

No comments: