Monday, August 2, 2010

What Goes on in My Head at Night

me: My dream was crazy last night.

dr soc: Yeah? What was it about? Do you remember?

me: Parts of it. My friends and I were going to this big lawn/garden party somewhere. The ancient Greeks were on one side of the lawn and the Romans were on the other. The Romans over to the right were raping and beating people, gladiator style. The Greeks were having this awesome party with the gods and goddesses. So we were really glad we were going to the Greek side. The gods and goddesses and some of their human consorts were there, drinking lots of wine and all having a good time. Turns out your aunt Linda was a god, she was wearing this scarf that Jeanne made on her head as a crown.

dr soc: Oh. Great. I'll tell her that.

me: Yep. Your whole family was there and we were all in our finest too. But then at some point this garden party turns into a blogher convention and there are these rows and rows of laptops with a different blog and printout at each one. And we're supposed to move down the line and rank them. But I started at my blog and I felt that I should tell someone because it didn't seem fair to start with my own. Because I'm going to rank it number one, obviously. That's what I remember at least.

dr soc: Wow. What a dream.

me: I'll say.

--a few minutes later--

me: Oh! And Jesus was there too.

No comments: