Tuesday, January 31, 2012

X-ref

The wedding spreadsheet is named "bubble of tulle" and it contains most thing bubble of tulle related. It's a biiiiig spreadsheet.  But I also have several other documents on the computer, of addresses and who's invited to what lists. To which I say, thank god for copy and paste.

But here and there, new things trickle in. A changed address, a noticed misspelling, an invite you don't want to send but know you have to*, ect... So, then I have to change something. But then once I change something on the master list, that means I have to find and change the other 14 places that I have the information on, so as not to be confused about anything.

Now, there's this handy thing in autocad called an x-ref. And basically, it's the master drawing and you change anything on it, it updates all the other drawings that are layered on top of it.  It's pretty awesome and frankly it spoiled me because I know such things are possible.

Because what I really really want, as I'm hunting for those 14 different places I've got the same info on, is an x-ref for wedding stuff.

*I also would like an "undesirable" table. Besides being banished from all the cool tables, they also must sit furthest from the head table and the bar.

No comments: