Sunday, January 29, 2012

Jersey

The other night I was way too tired to cook, so we ordered carryout from a little italian place down the street from us.  I went with fettechini alfredo, which is a weakness of mine. I can't say I have a favorite food in general, but I'm always willing to give a fettechini alfredo a shot at a new place.  This place's was pretty good, but also really heavy like a good proper fettechini alfredo should be what with the heavy cream and pound of butter that's in it and all.

After dinner the dryer buzzed, so we head upstairs to fold it (if I don't fold the laundry within 10 minutes of taking it out of the dryer, I don't fold the laundry). And for reasons I don't know/remember, Mike makes a jersey shore reference and starts to make up his own version of a jersey shore* dance.  However, yours truly didn't think his version was as slutty or idiotic enough for it to be a true jersey shore dance. So I decide to show him my take on it, thrashing around like they do in the clips I see on The Soup.**

Then, having thoroughly shaken myself and my stomach content around like an idiot, I realize, quite quickly I might add, that was not my best idea.  Much like Jersey shore in general is.

*This is an extremely rare case of pop culture where Mike knows more about it than me.** By that I mean he just knows knows the names of the ompaloompas on the show, where as I just call them ompaloompahs.  Other than that, we know nothing further.
** This is the furthest extent that I watch any of Jersey Shore
*** I don't know if I should be proud of him for this or slightly ashamed.

No comments: