Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dancing Feet

I did something I don't normally do when it comes to shoe shopping for my wedding shoes: I bought them online. After giving up on trying to find a cute heel in a wide option, I decided to go with simply fabulous.  Which I got. In pink. Because why the hell not?  Well, anyway, they arrive and I'm super excited because they are a: my wedding shoes. and b: super cute. But at the time I was too tired to try them on and prance around because I had just gotten off work.

A few days later I remove all the tissue paper and get them on my feet. And they feel....interesting. They don't feel bad, but they do feel like something. There's a strap near my arch and it's not something I usually wear. But the heel is a great height for me (3", not too tall and I can walk all day in that), they are pink and fabulous, and when I put them next to my dress, they work. (I would tell you why, but that means I would have to describe a key element of my dress and since my fiance reads my blog won't share any details  Not that he knows what I'm describing anyway.)

Anyway, long story short, I decided to go with the shoes. So I'm walking around the house in them trying to break them in a little bit (and I may or may not have been prancing around looking at my feet and singing wedding shoes! wedding shoes! to the dogs).  I also plan on wearing them to our dancing lessons later this month. (I jumped on that groupon in about 2 seconds. Mike is very talented in many areas, but dancing is not one of them).  It's highly practical of me to learn how to dance in them.

But actually, I don't need to learn how to dance in heels, because I can definitely do that. It's dancing in the heavy dress that I need to learn how to do! 
   

1 comment:

Adan said...

oooo a good blog, my blog is http://tetabrik.blogspot.com/