Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Full Circle

Dr soc and I took this weekend to visit Lexington and select some of the major wedding things.  When we first discussed marriage I told him I wanted to get married in Lexington, since it's where I grew up and it's where we met, and he agreed. 

So we get into town and are heading out to appointments, but dr soc needed to get new shoes.  He had stained them when cutting my parents grass (such a good future son-in-law!), and since I will never turn down a chance to go shoe shopping, we add that to our list of errands.  I tried on a fabulous pair of royal blue Betsy Johnson shoes that were a half-size too small, but they were fabulous and on sale so I had to at the very least try them on.  (I considered them for my wedding shoes, but I decided that cutting off a few toes to wear them all wedding day long wasn't worth it).  But dr soc eventually found a pair he liked and on sale, so we start walking back to the car to grab lunch and then look at some venues. 

We're about to cross into the parking lot, and we're waiting on this one last car to turn.  As it drives past, I noticed it has a school insignia vanity plate, which I quickly read, judged and forgot about.  I look to my other side to see if we can finally cross when dr soc says "oh my god," and laughs a little nervously.

me: What?
dr soc: That, that was my ex-girlfriend. Sh*t.
me: Which one?
dr soc: K.
me: Ohhh.  Ok.
dr soc (flustered): Hell, I haven't seen her in something like 3 years.  I move from Lexington and the weekend that I come back with my fiance, to look at wedding stuff, I see her.  I guess things come full circle.
me: --Snort--

I laughed because I know their history, (well, his side) so I know this was an ugly breakup, a big o'l mess later totally Lifetime movie* story worth. And because I am supportive, I end up getting a major kick out of this and giggle over it for the next 2 days at his discomfort.  Yep, supportive.  Now I just wonder if we'll see the other ex when we go take our engagement pictures. 

*If he was the central character of the movie, the movie would end happily by him receiving my eharmony profile.  But since it's a Lifetime movie, the movie would more than likely feature his ex as the main character and portray him as the calous guy)
 

No comments: