Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Color Wheel

In theory, a (western) wedding is a ceremony joining two people together and then a party after.  But there's no rule that says you even have to have a party after.  There's no rules that you have to have a lot of things.

Like wedding colors.  There is no rule that says I have to have colors for my wedding.

However, that's kinda just the way it goes now a days. You have colors, if nothing else to put the bridesmaids in and for the flowers.  (hey, do I have to have flowers?)

So I'm on the knot looking at color combinations and pallets, and the color combination I was instantly drawn to and delighted me was lemon and lime.  Really, really liked it and thought, that would work.  It's bright and fun and springy and easy.  But, there's no pink in there.  There's no rule that I have to have pink for my wedding.

Except that, yeah well, I do.  It's me.  And there has to be pink.  Because there just does.

No comments: