Friday, May 13, 2011

Linked

Hey, whats with my ex boyfriends wanting me to join their professional network on Linked In?   

Yeah, I have a profile on Linked In.  I use the term profile loosely though.  I have something like half a profile with my name, my most recent library job, and my two schools, but that's it.  Not even a picture.  I updated my profession as recent grad shortly after I graduated, but that's about it.  I don't even know if I changed my city.

But every now and again I get those so-and-so would like to add you to their professional network emails.  After I get a few I log in, accept the request and that's about it.  But the last two were sent within a few days of each other and they were both from ex-boyfriends.  Which struck me as a funny coincidence, considering about a month ago the ex-fiance sent me a request. (Right around the time dr soc and I started ring shopping. Yeah, little awkward).  That was the one request I took care of in a professional time frame though.  I was going to wait a while but then I didn't want to keep getting reminders from him/Linked In, so I logged in rejected his request in a timely fashion. 

Anyway, I just thought it was weird that some of my ex's think I'm worth some sort link on a professional level.

No comments: