Monday, May 2, 2011

Going to Need a Bigger Boat

I had an interview this afternoon (yay!) for a part time position.  The job isn't what I thought it would be, but what it is still sounds good and something I would be good at.  (It wasn't a bait and switch like the other "interview" I had, just not what I thought.)  We started the interview early since I arrived a little early, and I flew through the questions they asked me, so it's hard for me to gauge how it went one way or the other. 

Well, anyway, it's a part time position, which is not ideal because I have need medical.  But it's at a place I want to work at and right now I just need to get something and my foot in the door.  Especially now, because a whole slew of fresh graduates are about to enter the job market. 

The market's tough as it is, and everyone is looking.  But at least graduating in December, I entered the market with fewer of me.  And now, with graduation approaching again, all of those fresh out of college kids are plopping their names and resumes into the applicant pond.  The job pool is staying the same. But now, there's just a lot more guppies in there.

No comments: