Thursday, October 1, 2009

Help

Some of you might know this, and others may be surprised. But I've been in counseling/short term therapy a few times.

Before anyone says/thinks "you could have talked to me," or "I would have helped if I had known," or "it couldn't have been that bad," STOP. Because that's not true. You honestly can't predict how your own grief will affect you, you can't know how you would react to another person's. Yes I had support all those times. Really good support at that. And it helped a little. But it wasn't enough.

But this is not going to be a tell-all confessional. I'm not telling you when, for how long, how many times, and what for (but yes, one was for the broken engagement). That's something I'm keeping in it's protective bubble. And I'm hardly the poster child for metal health as a self proclaimed spaz/crazy girl. It's just the god's honest truth. I needed help. I recognized that I did. And while this may sound counter intuitive to some, I felt stronger in getting it. For admitting I couldn't do "this" on my own. So I got help. And I'm better for it.

No comments: