Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Geriatric Me

Yesterday I completely blew my lab partner's mind. Not because of my metal prowess (or lack there of, I messed up the same test tube twice in 2 minutes) or razor sharp wit. Nope, none of that phased him.

But we were talking during lab and he asked how old I was. Since I wasn't in the mood to play the guess-how-old-I-am-game, I just told him: 27.

And that completely blew his mind. Seriously, he repeated "27!" in disbelief about a 1008 times.
I eventually asked him, "you ok? Did I just rock your world over there?"
"Yeah, kinda"

And then the next hour of lab was "what's it like to be 27?" question hour. I told him I was supposed to be a grown up but I had no intention of doing so any time soon. And obviously I was old enough to buy beer (not that I buy beer that often, but I also play "I order you pay" a lot). And no, I wouldn't. And I know that officially puts me in the uncool zone, but what the hell do I care? I'm old.

1 comment:

Bry said...

Wait 'til you're 28.