Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Weather Ballon

My friend LB can control the weather. We'll not the whole wide world's weather, but she can target key areas for certain things.  Like perfect weather for our friend Jeanne's wedding.  Or diverting some storms to other areas of the coast so my sister's groom could make their wedding. (oh yeah, Amy, if you didn't know that already, I totally asked Lb to help out your wedding. You're welcome.)

Knowing my friend had this super power, I planned on calling in her services for my wedding day, whenever that would be.  But like all powers, one must use them with caution.  Fortunately, I don't really need her power in 3 days. According to the forecast, my wedding day has 0% chance of rain, but it will be 93 degrees. But we're getting married indoors anyway, so rain and heat don't worry me too much.

And besides, I already used her power. Twice actually. The first was my sister's wedding I already mentioned.  The other time was for my graduation. Lexington was having freakishly cold days and we had, get this, snow that stuck. Snow that stuck finals week and delayed/rescheduled some peoples' finals.  I was lucky that all my finals escaped the rescheduling, but I had one more final looming, and I was completely terrified that not only would UK would postpone that final, they would cancel the graduation.   

So I begged LB to control the weather long enough so I could take my 8 am final and then walk at 7 pm at the graduation ceremony.  I didn't care what happened the next day, and I don't know if I screwed over someone else weather wise, but if I ever needed her super power, it was then. Graduation was a little more important to me than using her power for a wedding I even close to at the time. LB put her power to work, and the evening before my final, I got an email saying that not only would all finals operate on a regular schedule, graduation was on track.  I was so relived I almost cried. 

Though I'm pretty sure that if I did need her super power this weekend, she could pull a few strings and help out. She's good like that!

No comments: