Sunday, May 20, 2012

Monkey See Monkey Do

mike upon seeing the leftover pancakes on the kitchen island
mike: I'm guessing you're done with the pancakes?
me: oh. yeah. I thought I may want another so I left them out, but then I forgot. (I just worked an overnight and I'm running on 4.5 hours of sleep and a big cup of coffee. I'm a little out of it)
mike: I should get you a helper monkey.
--i give him a confused look-- (in fairness, all logic right now seems confusing to me)
me: As a wedding present?
mike: To put things away after you. (he's the clean one between us two) It would follow you around, picking up things. But it might poop in the house. May even rival Jules there.
me: You know you would probably be the one picking up after the monkey, right? A monkey doesn't seem like the best idea anymore.
mike: Yeah. Good point.
me: The conversations we have.

No comments: