Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cuts

Some other couple had a speedy wedding at my venue last weekend.  Which means I'm not the first wedding there anymore.  And surpisingly, I'm a little hurt by this.

By being the first wedding, I was a forgiving and knew that there was a learning curve with the venue.  Communication wasn't great at first and Mike wanted to forgo the deposit and find anyother venue he was so fed up. (We didn't since I was wasn't going to start weddin gplanning all over again. And our save the dates were already sent out). 

I didn't know I liked being the first wedding there so much. Now that it won't be mine.  I feel like I did all the legwork and was the learning curve.  Like I was practice, and this couple just swooped in and took a cut in line.

The bright side is that hopefully things will run a little smoother for us since the venue will have a better idea of what to do wedding day.  Not as many first time jitters for them.  And I know my wedding will still be special and wonderful no matter what, because it's my wedding.  No matter if I'm the 1st or 1000th bride there. It's still my wedding. And there's nothing I can do to change this so I'll have to get over it.  But I'm still pouting just a little. 

No comments: