Friday, May 18, 2012

Trendy

About a year ago Mike and I were ring shopping, so I figured why not tell this story now.
.
jeweler: which one do you want to see?
me: Can I try that oval one? With the halo?
me (to mike): I really like the halo....
jeweler: Of course. (like he would tell me no) 
The jewler points out a few other rings similar in style as well as a few different styles.
jeweler: what do you think of this one?
me: It's pretty, but I don't care for the 3 stone rings myself, it seems a bit...dated... for me.
jeweler: That's ok. They were popular about 10-15 years ago but not so much anymore.  You can bet that most women with a 3 stone ring got engaged then. They're somewhat time defining.
me: Yeah, I noticed that trend.  (Here Mike gets a look of holy crap she notices engagment ring trends? There are engagment ring trends?) Out of curiousity, what's popular now?
jeweler: the halo...
me: -snort-  Good thing I like it then!

No comments: