Thursday, May 17, 2012

Middle Name

me: Bailey's middle name is Marie
mike: Bailey has a middle name?
me: It's her in trouble name. It just popped out one day when I was scolding her for something. 'Bailey Marie!' And it stuck.
mike: Sure...
me: Yep. Which reminds me, I gave Jules one too.
mike: Okay.....why?
me: For when she is in trouble. I can call out her full name.
mike: Well, what is it? Her middle name I mean.
me: Elizabeth. 
mike: And how did she get that?
me: The same way Bailey got hers. They were hanging out in the back yard and I looked out there to check on them. And there was Miss Jules, walking on top of the patio table, sniffing the rice I had left out there to dry.*
mike: She was on the table again?
me: Yep. So I opened the door with a "Jules Elizabeth! You get down from there!" And there you have it, her middle/in trouble name was thus.
mike: So, Bailey Marie and Jules Elizabeth.
me: Yes.
mike: Okay.
me: You know, I'm so glad you just roll with this stuff.
mike: You're welcome. It's just easier that way.
me: I bet. 

*don't ask. Wedding related. I'm sure you're not surprised.

No comments: