Saturday, April 17, 2010

10 years

My 10 year high school reunion is going on right now. I graduated high school 10 years ago. Well, shit.

I'm not at the reunion. I'm in Napa with my bestest friends for their joint 30th birthday celebration. And the way I figure it, the people I wanted to stay in touch with, I have. It wasn't a tough call really, lots of wine with my bestest friends, or cash bar and small talk with a bunch of people I haven't seen in 10 years.

Plus, I don't have a lot to brag about. In the past ten years, I've accumulated about a thousand college credits that mean nothing, a failed engagement, no children, and I've moved 19 times only to end up back in my hometown. Really, the only thing notable that happened to me in the past ten years is that I got hotter. Don't get me wrong, I was still pretty cute in high school. But I know I look better now then I did in high school (default crush told a mutual friend that, before he was default crush and before I was even engaged. (we were drinking) So mutual friend promptly turned around and told me that. Of course she did.)

But I have nothing to put on paper. And well, I don't want to show my hot self until I do.

There's always the 20 year right?

No comments: