Saturday, March 31, 2012

Date Night as a Grown Up

Mike and I had date night and saw The Hunger Games last night.  The book is better, but the book is (almost) always better than the movie* in general.  Anyway, Mike and I got into the theater in the nick of time to find two seats together that weren't in the front rows. We settled into our seats, watched the remaining previews and got ready to enjoy the movie. 

The teenage couple next to us though, I don't think one of them had read the books. So he was asking/talking a decent amount, loud enough to be distracting. After a good 10 minutes into the movie and a few kissy noises into the movie itself, I knew I had to say something. So I leaned over, and politely asked if he could at least whisper. I'm sure he said something snarky under his breath, but to his credit, he did quiet down. Probably because I didn't ask him to stop talking, just to do so quieter.  And the kissy noises got softer too, as an added bonus.

I remember being a teenager and going to movies to make out. I remember missing about half of the movies I was with my high school boyfriend. (we completely missed the ending of The 6th Sense, and totally faked knowing what the twist at the end was when asked about it).  But also back then movie tickets were $5 a piece and you saw a movie just for the hell of it. Now, movie tickets are $10 a piece and if we go to the movie, it's because I actually want to see the movie. 

Going to a movie to actually see the movie and not to make out. Just another marker of adulthood I guess!
     
*Twilight is an example here. The movie is quite terrible, but that's because the book** is total crap.
**No, I don't care if I'm hurting stephanie meyer's feelings. She can buy as many new feelings as she need with her piles and piles of money she made off those crap books.

No comments: