Thursday, March 8, 2012

The College Experience

When I worked in the hospital, I was the 2nd youngest one there. (the youngest was my 23 year old coworker who was every bit of 23 and will always be my 23 year old coworker).  Anyway, one of the nurses I worked with, her youngest (daughter) was getting ready to go off to college and leave the nest for a bit. So my coworker was trying to get a few more mother/daughter bonding type things in before the daughter heads off. One of these events was a sappy tear jerker movie filled night, that were "the kind of movies you should see before college and see with your mother."

I start cracking up, because:
"When I left for college, the movie my mom wanted me to watch Animal House!"

I think my mom had a more realistic view of what college was like. Just saying....

No comments: