Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Brackets

So. Did you see my Wildcats just won their eighth national championship?!?!?!?! Woohoo!!!

I was pulling for Kentucky* the whole time, but if you looked at my paper bracket, (the one I actually filled out and put on the fridge like a piece of kindergarten artwork) you'll see I had someone else slated to win the national championship. 

Now, before anyone doubts my Kentucky faith/love, you must understand that I set my paper bracket up that way in order to help them win!

Because I cannot, for the life of me, pick a winner. Brackets, a horse race, even a blind draw, I never pick the winner. So my paper bracket is always total crap and never right. And if I had put Kentucky down to go all the way, they most certainly wouldn't have. So by putting someone else to win the national championship, I therefore cursed that team** and left the path open for Kentucky to take it all.

You're welcome.

However, I did pick them to win the whole thing on what I like to call, my "mental bracket." And that's a bracket that I fill out in my head and I just put Kentucky as the winner and don't really bother to fill in the teams they play against.

So my paper bracket this year, was wrong which was expected. But my mental bracket was golden!

*If you don't cheer for Kentucky they kick you out of school or take away your degree. I'm pretty sure that's in the by-laws
**Once again, the exception here is Duke. I cannot bring myself to put them in the national champion spot even if it is a means of cursing them. However, I did have them going to the elite 8 and they were out the first round, so I like to think I helped some.

No comments: