Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Meaty

I did a last cleaning (out) of dr soc's freezer before he closed on his house here in Lexington. Amongst the spoils was some freezer burned Ben and Jerry's ice cream (I just scrape of the freezer burn, its fine) some frozen veggies/meal helpers, a bag of shrimp and some garden and turkey burgers.

Now dr soc is not a vegetarian. I would never be with a man who doesn't love bacon! But he's health conscious and likes to get the reduced fat low calorie stuff whenever he can. Or he'll have leaner meats such as turkey or a veggie burgers instead of cow. Though he never cooked with or even had olive oil until I gave him a bottle because I like to cook with it and was tired of asking if he had some even though I knew plenty well that he didn't.

Anyway, he had the fake burgers in the his freezer, which now reside in my freezer. In the previous fridge/freezer clean I had brought home a box or 2 of garden burgers, which are taking prime real estate according to my mom. So as I'm stuffing the last round of stuff in my (mom's) freezer, she walks into the kitchen and inquires as to what I've brought home.

me: turkey burgers
mom: god, more fake burgers.
me: yep pretty much.
mom: you are going to make him eat real meat again right?
me: of course!
mom: oh good!

No comments: