Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Feminism

I decided I wanted a career as a librarian. So, yay, career!

But truth be told, I don't want my career to be my life. I don't want to work more than 40 hours a week and I don't want to take my job home with me. I have no desire to climb any type of corporate ladder. And I don't want to constantly hit my head on the glass ceiling while doing so.

So I picked a more family friendly career. Because that's ultimately what I want, my own family. I do want both, the career and motherhood. I don't want to have to choose between them and I'm grateful that I don't have to do so like I would have had to in the 1960's. I do want everything. I just don't exactly want it the way feminism tells me I should.

And you know what? I don't feel bad about that.

No comments: