Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Secrets Secrets Are No Fun

Unless you share with everyone. Which I call bullsh*t on that because having a secret is super duper fun in my opinion. Not that I can keep a secret anyway. Well, I may not tell you the exact information that I have, but I will let it be known that I know something and I won't tell you what that something is!

Well anyway, dr soc and I are both of the opinion that when the time comes for us to have children, we're not going to find out the baby's sex (not gender, because gender is a social concept and I don't really want to get into the semantics of why sex and gender are not the same. But they aren't and my sociologist future husband/baby daddy will agree with me on this). But it's because we both want that surprise and the "it's a ___!" moment for ourselves. And the only way to ensure we get that moment, is for us to not know. Which may annoy some people, but pfsh, it's ours and we'll do what we want.

My friends found out what they were having but managed to keep it surprise until their daughter was born. Which, props to them becasue I couldn't do that. (I think they are planning on doing that again too, so squee!) If I knew, I would undoubtedly slip at some point and refer to it as he/she. Then I would start telling everyone once I slipped.

I mentioned that dr soc and I are simpatico on this, which is just another reason how awesome we are together. At some point the do we find out or not came up in our conversations, and we discovered that we of the like mindset. Phew. But I mentioned my friends who were able to keep the secret, and then also said that would never work for me. He agreed:

"As much as your mouth moves there's no way that news would stay in there."
Snort. Oh, how he knows me so well!

No comments: