Monday, October 11, 2010

Real Estate Makes Me Stabby

Considering how much I hate apartment hunting, I figured house hunting would be along the same vein. After one day of tagging along with my dr friend last summer as she house hunted, I was exhausted. So I knew when it came time for me to be a grown up and own property, I was in for an arduous (which, btw, is my new fave word) process.

I like the concept of house hunting. Going into other people's homes and judging (what?), knowing you can change ugly, all the possibilities, and the excitement of finding a place to call your own and place to come home to. That sounds cozy and homey and totally squee!

But the actual hunting? Uhhhh. It's much more taxing than I had anticipated. Not to mention the financial aspect of it is about as clear as mud. While I didn't expect the process to be as fun and carefree as running through a field of daisies, (which, way fun!) it's certainly not as idealistically romantic as you hope it will be either.

So, to all you house hunters out there: god speed. May you find something you love with little process. Or, or, you can always go the way I did. Which is to have your boyfriend buy himself a house, then you claim a spot in the garage and make plans of what colors you want to paint the place. Thus, I avoid the stabby of real estate and I get to live with my favorite socasauraus. It's a win win for me. (The financial aspect if still clear as mud though. But I'll figure that out soon enough)

No comments: