Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Bailey

My Bailey girl is 5!I know she's not a puppy anymore, but on occasion I still call her that. Even though she's no longer this:

so tiny! and squirmy! and PUPPY!!!
after her first bath. that glare is due to the fact that she hated it.
(come to think of it, she still gives me that look post bath)

And now more so this:
not so tiny. and not as squirmy
(though just as spazzy and unfocasable)
See the gray? Old girl!
(the hat didn't last long)
Some things have obviously changed, like her overall size and weight.  She doesn't fit on my lap anymore and she likes tummy rubs now. There's noticeable gray in her muzzle now it's starting to spread a little more into the rest of her face. And believe it or not as she's gotten older, she's calmed down a bit (It's true! Stop laughing!) and only takes off on a spaztastic chase around the house when her little sister eggs her on. Not to mention she has that little sister and a papa who loves her most of the time. While other things about Bailey have stayed the same, like how she still throws up in the car, loves to chase cats, hates bathes, and is still the prissy puppy who won't go outside if the grass is wet. 

But as spaztastic as she is, she definitely knew what she was doing that day I showed up at the pound. She made a beeline for us when she escaped her crate then latched onto me the second she was put in my arms, cementing her place in my heart with a kiss on the chin.  She made a huge hullabaloo of crying and catawhomping and clamored to get back into my arms after I set her down for a second. She could feel my heart melt as I picked her back up, while all the while I'm pretty sure she was thinking "Hahahaha! Sucker! I'm going to cost you sooooooooo much!"

But I wouldn't trade my birthday girl for the world. Thousands of dollars in vet bills, all disgusting car trips and all the baths that I end up more wet than her, I still wouldn't trade a day.
Happy birthday Bailey!

1 comment:

LaShelle Shuman said...

AHH! I know EXACTLY how you feel because I feel the same way about my horses! Happy Belated to your beautiful puppy.