Friday, July 13, 2012

Car Rights

Every now and again I see a car I like and decided I want it for my mom car. My current favorite is a Mazda 3 hatchback, but then I see a Prius V or a CRX and I declare that my mom car. 
Anyway, not that it really matters what I want for my mom car this particular moment, not only because I'm not a human mom yet and that Cam is a good faithful steed we hope to have a long while,  but I also have lost all car picking rights of our family. And I lost them as such:

me (telling a story): I'm driving the :pause: honey, what do I drive again?
mike (exasperated): You drive a Carola. (we may have had this conversationa few times...)
me: Right. Anyway so I'm driving the Carola...

--fast forward some months later--

me (telling another story): I'm driving the Civic and
--mike walks in the kitchen at this precise moment--
mike: NO! A Civic? That's a Honda, you don't even have the right brand! At least with the Camry and Carola they are both Toyotas! That's it. You have lost all car picking privileges.

And thus it was decreed. And in all honestly, I can't say that I blame him though.

No comments: