Monday, December 12, 2011

Crafty

So, get this. Flowers? Are expensive. And totally not worth the money in my opinion.  I know they matter to some people and to each their own, but me? Not so much.

I finally contacted some florist for the wedding and was told that for a wedding my size, flowers would cost somewhere between $2000 - $3000, which to me, seems ridiculous.  Like the flowers will be the detail everyone will talk about, let alone remember. (We're saving that for the grooms cake) I'm not trying to belittle anyone's work, even though that's what it sounds like.  Florist have a skill set that I don't have and I'm glad to hand over the reigns to them.  But I don't want to sink a ton of money into something that I doesn't matter to me.

I don't want to go all DIY on the wedding, but it was looking like I may have since budget was the main driving force on this part.  But with some sleuthing around on the internet and a sketch pad, I figured out what to do.  I'll still use a florist for the people flowers, but I can make the rest of the decorations.  I have the time, I have the skill set, and, most importantly, I have the internet and Martha Stewart* weddings has everything online.

*Oh she most definitely still terrifies me. But like a moth to a flame I flocked.  She's sorta like heroin, only more legal and less injecting-y.

No comments: