Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Woman Exec

I saw an ad in the local paper that a brand new store was being opened, and there would be 150 new hires.  What the hell, I thought. I applied online, I got an interview, and then got finally got a job. (I was doing a pretty good job at being kept, but the pay was total crap). The interview though, was a group interview, which I had never done before.  When in Rome I figured.  I also figured that since I saw an ad in the paper, and the store was having a job fair to get get people, it's to be expected that there will be a lot of applicants so this was how it was going to be.

The interview group had 10-15 people in it.  And like everyone else who got hired and went through the group interview process, I was wondering who else (or if anyone else for that matter) from my interview group had gotten hired as well.  I've seen a few other people from my interview group, either through our orientation or out on the floor by now. 

There was one girl in my group though, that I remembered without seeing her at an orientation though. I haven't seen her in the store yet, but that doesn't necessarily mean she didn't get hired.  I remember her for a few reasons.  In the interview, she came right out and said she wanted to become a manager, which, bully for her.  She also came right out and said she had gotten fired from her last managerial job that she had worked her way up to.  Which is not exactly something you should offer up in an interview, especially without being prompted. And also, she needed to wear a bra. 

It's just, if you want to be a manager, and you wanted to be treated like a professional (especialy as a woman), well, it helps if you act and dress like one. And if you wear a bra. 

No comments: