Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Throw me a bone

I got another rejection email.  Which I was getting used to because that's all I get from employers.  And to be honest you know going into these interviews that you are not exactly what they are looking for, or you don't have the right experience, or just something.  But this was an email for a bartending job.  A job that I do have several years of experience in.  I'm a pretty girl with a personality and I have bartending experience. There was no reason I shouldn't have gotten that job.

But I didn't.  Once again, I'm not good enough for something.  I have been told to try this field and try that field, and to look at this option and that option.  I know people are trying to help, but do they really think that I haven't done that already?  I have looked for 7 months in so many areas and applied to so many jobs that want a high school degree, or a degree in business and they all want 5-7 years experience. (How do you get 5-7 years mid-management experience at a Fortune 500 company when all you require is a high school diploma. Seriously, bullshit.)  I've applied for jobs I know I'd be great at and I didn't even get an interview or a thanks but no thanks for your interest.  So forgive me for not being enthralled to shift through the same job postings, only to apply for something I know I'm not going to get.

But not only did I not get this bartending job, I just got back from an incredibly tough week of looking after my dad and arguing with my mom about it.  Everything is happening so fast with him that I'm scrambling to catch up on years of denial.  I went to look at long tern care facilities this weekend and I had to go alone. (Another blog for another day).  It's just too much for me to deal with on my own, yet I had to.  And I was hoping that with all the lows of this situation, I could at least have something good happen to me.

I just want something.  I want my dad's brain to be fixed.  I need employment. I know the first ones not going to happen and it's only going to get tougher.  That doesn't leave much room for even more disappointment on the job front.  So if the second part of that would happen, I might actually have something to be happy about.

No comments: