Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Not exactly to plan

Last night Mike and I had a loose plan: go to a support group, get dinner after, then head home.  But things didn't exactly go as planned.  Not that things went completely awry, just, not as planned.  First, the Alzheimer's support group that I just started attending was canceled due to an emergency the group leader had.  So there went the first part of our evening.  But that was fine, these things happen. So we decided to go find dinner.

We tried a place close by that I found on urban spoon. (It's one of my new favorite websites. I like it so much I made Mike get the app for his iphone. (What? His phone is very handy for me.  And the app is free)) Dinner was ok. Cheep, but the food wasn't anything to write home about.   But that wasn't the interesting part (clearly).  What was interesting was the working cigarette vending machine the place had.  (We saw someone use it which is how we knew it worked)  I didn't know these things still existed, let alone, were even legal.  But that wasn't the only code maybe violation sort of thing.  Another customer, brought their dog into the bar.  Not a service dog, just a regular family pet.  Really?  I understand dogs on dog-friendly patios, but inside the restaurant?

Our dining experience being mildly interesting yet simultaneously sub par, we decide to go try one of those hot trend of the moment pay by the weight frozen yogurt places on the way home.  One just opened up near our gym a few months ago so we decided to check it out.  It's not until we're getting our fro-yo rung up that I notice that the frog in Sweet Frog is an acronym.  Turns out frog stands for fully rely on god.  Which....ok.  Mike and I are not exactly religious people.  We're not going to go bashing religion and those who are.  But, well, it just having it presented like that isn't our style.  

So, yeah, interesting night. Support group canceled, a working cigarette machine and a dog at dinner, and then religious themed frozen yogurt.

No comments: