Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Apron Time

My in-laws were visiting over the last few days, and I had the time so I prepared a few meals while they were here so as not to have to eat out 4 days in a row. I'm by no means a chef, but I can and like to cook and I have a lot of cookbooks. And over time I've grasped more and more on how things come together and my skills and cooking have improved to the point that the task of cooking for someone (or a group) doesn't seem as daunting as it once was. (Thanksgiving circa 2011).

As soon as I moved to Charlotte the kitchen became mine. My husband is good sport and will at least try everything too. (I've only made 2 completely inedible things so far: lemon kale and salt loaf) He's also a fairly smart man and compliments my cooking, enough that I actually believe he really does like my cooking.

But my favorite thing he's ever said about my cooking was said shortly after I moved in. He was coming back downstairs after changing out of his work clothes, just as I was about to start making dinner so I was putting on my apron. He sees me to that and excitedly says "it's apron time!" Apparently good things happen when it's apron time. :)

No comments: