Friday, February 22, 2013

Stranger Danger

The other morning Mike and I were taking the dogs on a walk when we saw a loose little dog running around. I could see that it had a collar on and Mike had his phone with him, so we decided to try and see if we could find the owner.

However, the dog wouldn't let me come near it, and it snarled and yipped obnoxiously at me as I tried to coax it into approaching me. And also as the stupid thing kept running away from me it ran into and across the street at a time when a lot of people are leaving for work. Eventually the dog took off running into the neighborhood, towards the direction in what we hope was where it lives. Mike and I decided to not go after it since it wanted nothing to do with us, plus our dogs were starting to go nuts from just sitting there. There wasn't much we could do when the dog didn't give us anything.

We're continuing with our walk I turn around and mention to Mike that I'm really glad that when our dogs got out that they were complete trusting doofuses and ran up to a human who called us. It's a good thing for us that they don't have a stranger danger sense.

Then later that day at work someone left a few pieces of chocolate on my desk when I wasn't looking so I don't know who put them there. I probably should have been more wary of the mysterious candy and all stranger danger, but nope. They were wrapped, it was valentines day and I love chocolate, so I totally ate them anyway (and suffered no ill effects). I guess we know who the dogs got their lack of stranger danger sense from.

No comments: