Monday, February 11, 2013

20/20

coworker: And he's (my husband) is pretty easy on the eyes too.
me: Yes he is, thank you. So, speaking of eyes, do you know what he wants to do to his?

My husband is very nearsighted and has worn glasses since he was 5. (He'll disagree but I think his coke bottle glasses make his little kid pictures just adorable.) He started wearing contacts in high school and he's looked into lasik, but because he is so nearsighted and his corneas are thin he's not a good candidate for it. Which bums him out because that means he has to wear contacts or glasses if he wants to see. I think he's sexy as hell in his glasses (though he disagrees with me again for some reason) and since I wear my glasses all the time this isn't a big deal to me. 

However, there's a somewhat new surgery that is like getting a permanent contact lens that he could be a good candidate for. It's an out patient thing, they put something in his eye and voila he can see! Dr soc is thrilled. And I am....not.

It's not that I don't want him to be able to see 24/7 without some sort of corrective lens, but as his wife I'm nervous. I mean, these are his only eyes! What if something happens? Plus this doesn't solve the genetic problem of both of us passing on poor eyesight to our kids, but when they are 30 and married with someone to worry about them besides their mother they can figure out their own eye surgery.

Because it's a newish surgery it may end up being cost prohibitive which solves the worry problem. But he meets with the eye surgeon today to get more details and we go from there. But still...

No comments: