Saturday, November 19, 2011

Mother knows best

So. It happened. I've become my mother.
  • We sound the same.  People get us mixed up on the phone all the time. Mike mistook me for my mom on the phone once.  And even I couldn't tell a difference one time!  I heard a message I left on their answering machine and thought, "why did my mom leave herself a message and call herself mom?"
  • I keep things I have no use for and I can't explain why. (It doesn't mater that I haven't worn my leopard print shoes that are too big in 3 years! I can't give them up!)  However, it is broken and I can't fix it, I throw it out.
  • I used to leave coffee mugs in the microwave. Though once I got a really needy microwave that freaks out if you don't come back to get your stuff, I stopped doing that particular thing.  But still, classic (my) mom move.
  • I worry
  • I can't eat something I cook without commenting on it.  I made this too salty, there's not enough flavor, maybe next time I should add, last time it was....ect.  
  • I listen to NPR all the time in the car now.  As a kid I would have killed to listen to music in the car, but now I actively listen to it. I even gave them money this year like a grown up. 
  • I search for cool things to watch on PBS. I am not however, a slave to my tv like she is and know how to use my dvr.
And then, finally the piece-de-resistance, the one that made it official:
  • I actively search for a shady spot in the parking lot
And this is all for right now. Just wait until I become a mom!

No comments: