Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Family Resemblance

I can usually see a family resemblance like everyone else when comparing people. Except in me. And my family to some extent. It's not like I don't see resemblance at all, but I just don't see the strong/twin/carbon copy/clone moniker people typically assign. I've never been able to see that really. People say my sister and I look alike, but I can almost always tell who's who even if it's just one of us in the picture.
me on the left, my sister on the right
see also: I am taller and older
My husband captioned this Mother's Day 2017 picture with "the resemblance is strong" 
me, my girl, my mom
Yeah, I see we look related. But the mom-clone thing is lost on me.          
And yesterday I posted a side-by-side Easter picture of my daughter and I at 2 years old: 

I wonder who had the better basket?
And isn't that orange kitchen great?
Everyone, and I mean everyone, made some sort of remark about that being the same kid. Even my mom (who at times is the most obtuse person out there) said we are spitting images of each other. And it's not that I don't see any resemblance at all. But I legit do not see twins. I see two extremely adorable but distinctly different little girls.    

Who knows if I'll ever be able to see it. I wonder if I'll see twins in my own kids. But it doesn't matter really, little lion is going to be a cutie just like little turkey. Twins or not.

1 comment:

Bry said...

I see quite a bit of likeness, but yeah, not spitting image. Your little gal's adorable!

You can see a little bit of my dad in my son, and my daughter kind of looks like me. Sort of fun because my boy's got blondish hair like his mom and my daughter has brown hair (and my brown eyes).