Sunday, October 27, 2013

Weirdo

While we were at my sister's meeting my niece, I tried to help out as much as I could by getting up for feedings and making a couple meals. I figure my sister has enough on her plate with a newborn, she didn't need to worry about being hostess to us and my parents on top of that.
Anyway. By making a couple meals, I mean one night I put 3 frozen pizzas in the over and called it dinner.  But I did have to go to the grocery store for those and some other ingredients, and I grabbed a gallon apple cider because that happens to be a weakness of mine. As we were getting dinner ready, Mike helped out by getting everyone something to drink.

me: Hey everyone, dinner will be ready soon. The pizza will be done in just a few more minutes.
mike: Ok thanks. What would everyone like to drink? I'm going to have water, Sarah, do you want one too?
me: Sure. Oh wait, no, I'll have cider.
mike: Cider with pizza?
me: Yeah. Did you want any?
mike: Nah, I think cider and pizza may be a weird combination. 
me: Suit yourself.
mike: What would everyone else like? Carolyn?
mom: I'll have cider too.
mike: Ok.... Steve?
dad: Cider.
mike: ok....Amy?
amy: I'll have cider, thanks!
me: See? Still think it's weird?
mike: Yeah, kinda. Maybe just your family. Grant will back me up on this, he married in, like me.
me: Uh-huh. Grant what would you like to drink?
grant: I'll have cider.
me: Hahahahaha! Now you're the odd man out, what with your pizza and water combination.
mike: Dammit.

No comments: