Thursday, August 1, 2013

Take Out

We have been eating a LOT of takeout the past month. I haven't been able to really cook that much in there the past 2 1/2 weeks, because it looked like this:
FYI: this is the cleanest my counter tops will ever be
Seriously, they will never have nothing on them ever again. It's scientifically impossible for me to not put something on them


Ok, my kitchen's looks actually have nothing to do with why I couldn't cook. But we did this:

Rustoleum counter top transformations- mid transformation


To make our counter tops look like this:

Look how shiny!


and we couldn't really use the counter tops for a week while the top epoxy coat dried. It was fully set for full use just in time to add the pretty tile back splash I've been wanting to do since before I moved to Charlotte:

It has a real 1950's retro* look we both like


So now my kitchen looks like THIS!!
new colored counter tops AND a shiny new back splash?!

Look how pretty! And see? I told you it's impossible to not put things on my counter tops.
I can't wait to cook again in my "new" kitchen! 

*This may be a way to sell hubby on a retro Formica dining set, something I've always liked but he was never too keen on the idea. But when you have a retro style tile, he can feel the retro table set... Now to just find one that isn't a thousand million dollars....

2 comments:

cnwriter said...

well done and love the pink....

cnwriter said...

well done and love the pink....