Friday, September 28, 2012

100 updated things about myself

When I started this blog 4 years ago I did a 100 things about myself as a way of introducing myself to the blogospher. And since lots of things have happened in that past 4 years I figured it was time for an update. Blue are new, or things I have updated/or added more snark to.  Enjoy!

  1. My favorite color is (still), pink
  2. I’m a complete girly girl
  3. I’m really 5’4 1/2”, but I claim I’m 5’5”
  4. My lucky number is 4
  5. I prefer even numbers over odd.
  6. I'm a talker. No ifs ands or buts about it.
  7. If I’m not talking, I am only one of two options A: exhausted or B: mad as hell
  8. I can keep a secret in that I won't tell someone the actual secret itself. But I can't keep that I have a secret, secret.  
  9. I'm in graduate school pursuing my masters in library and information studies. I will know everything
  10. I am trying to take over the world one circulation desk at a time.
  11. Though very happily married to the love of my life, I don’t believe in “the one”
  12. I moved 20 times in the 10 years. My next move will be in the ground
  13. My default favorite ice cream and cake flavor is strawberry. The main reason: It's pink.
  14. My favorite pie of all time is blueberry. 
  15. I have two dogs, who I love dearly, even though they are both so so naughty and spazztastic.
  16. I don't think I could ever have another puppy, despite my husband's claim that our kids will convince me other wise. 
  17. I cry weddings. But not as much as I thought I would at my own. I was doing great at the rehearsal until Mike lost it and it was sob city the rest of the night.
  18. Mike, who has his PhD in sociology, married the worst sociologist ever much to his chagrin.
  19. I love to cook and am always trying new recipes.
  20. I consider a cookbook an awesome gift
  21. Though my baked good may not turn out super pretty, they at least usually turn out super tasty.
  22. One of my biggest pet peeves is a picky eater over the age of 7.
  23. I will try almost anything food wise at least once.
  24. But I loathe cooked carrots, I cannot get past the texture.  It's the same reason I won't eat pate.  
  25. Though the reason I can't eat eel is mental. 
  26. My husband and I both get super cranky if we don't eat at regular intervals. It's how we know we'll always take care of each other.
  27. Lace is my favorite fabric
  28. I have spent around $100 (give or take) at almost every single Victoria’s Secret semi annual sale I have been too.
  29. I have a lot of underwear, clearly
  30. I got the saying “clearly,” from Jeanne
  31. I do whatever Jeanne tells me
  32. I have some of the best, most supportive friends in the world. I'm really lucky in that way.
  33. I met my husband through eharmony, and it was worth ever penny.
  34. I’m allergic to cats
  35. I love twitter.
  36. I can't speak another language. I took both French and Spanish in college and I get the two mixed up all. the. time.
  37. I love roller coasters, but I most definitely can't handle them like I could when I was a kid.
  38. I don't like the enclosed water tube slides anymore. I somehow developed a slight fear of becoming stuck in one, so decided that I am 30 and I don't have to like them if I don't want to.
  39. My appendix ruptured and had to be removed when I was 6
  40. I had my belly button pierced until I was 21; I took it out after a drunk wrestling match went horribly, horribly wrong
  41. I don’t have any tattoos
  42. Honestly, I think 99% of tattoos are unnecessary. My exception here, is the Olympic ring tattoo. 
  43. I am an Olympic junkie. I love the summer ones more, but London I couldn't get enough coverage.
  44. Water polo? Is like, the coolest thing to watch. However, handball, is lame.
  45. I think Bob Costas is an ass.
  46. I don't think there's a point in being mean just to be mean.
  47. I have cut my hair and donated it 3 times so far.
  48. I am a born and bred proud Kentucky girl. I love all things bourbon, the Derby, and my Wildcats.  
  49. Wine is one of my favorite foods. 
  50. Wine goes strait to my head and then makes me sleepy
  51. Laugh all you want, but being a light weight doesn't suck.
  52. I cannot parallel park
  53. I think poetry and most song lyrics are an absolute waste on me
  54. I think “Sweetest Day” is a bull shit holiday. (unless you buy my chocolate honey. that's cool)
  55. I don’t play sports with balls and teams, but I do love going to sporting events. Mainly for the food.
  56. I love my Carolina Panthers!
  57. Because I love my husband very much, I cheer for the Browns as well (unless they are playing the Panthers. All bets are off when it comes to my Panthers).
  58. I love fantasy football. Seriously
  59. My husband has himself an excellent football wife.
  60. Hubby and I are the only people who do not watch American Idol
  61. But we love watching countdowns on the NFL network and so bad they are awesome syfy movies.
  62. My husband hates the term hubby, yet I continue to use it.
  63. I do need my coffee in the morning to function, but I truly enjoy it as well
  64. I bite and/or pick at my nails when nervous or stressed.
  65. I'm always slightly disappointed when I open google and it's not a google doodle.
  66. I think google is trying to take over the world, and I'm totally ok with that.
  67. I think rude people are unnecessary
  68. I have wide (yet tiny) feet.
  69. I believe in karma.
  70. I don’t judge my friends and as much as I used to in general.
  71. But I still judge a lot more than most.
  72. I hate picking out paint colors
  73. I may never look back on my time in daap fondly or with rose colored glasses. I worked my ass off and it was absolute fucking hell. 
  74. However, I made some of my best friends ever there, so it wasn't a total wash.
  75. I’ve run 5 half-marathons and one full one by now.
  76. I do consider myself a runner, albeit a slow one.
  77. I am an excellent hostess and throw a really good bridal and baby shower.
  78. Not being allowed to help with my own bridal shower drove the party planner in me nuts.
  79. I will never sky dive, because it scares the ever living crap out of me.  And I have forbidden my husband from ever doing so as well because I see no reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.
  80. I have also forbidden him from swimming with sharks, getting a motorcycle, or anything else that could get him maimed, even though I'm now on his life insurance.   
  81. Text talk is a pet peeve of mine and Mike's. When I got a text message with you-s instead of u-s from him, I took it as a sign to keep him.  
  82. I’m terrified of snakes. TERRIFIED.
  83. While I'm not super terrified of spiders and can kill them myself, I still prefer that my husband kill the really big ones. 
  84. I used to know all sorts of pop culture stuff, but now, I can't even tell you who's in the top 40. But I can tell you about the awesome story I heard on NPR.
  85. I big poofy heat love NPR. I also got "big poofy heart love" from Jeanne.
  86. Target is my happy place.
  87. Patience is a virtue I am slowly learning in dealing with my dad's disease.
  88. At 26 I became so much stronger than I ever realized I could be.
  89. I have the worst passport photo ever
  90. Somewhere down the road there I turned into my mother, but not quite as neurotic. Yet.
  91. I don’t really trust vegans.
  92. But I don't trust girls without girlfriends most of all.  
  93. I will watch any move with a dance sequence.
  94. I think loneliness is one of the most heart breaking things in the world.
  95. But I believe that hope is one of the most powerful and amazing things to exist
  96. I’m a silver lining kind of girl
  97. I do believe in the inherent good of people and that most mean the best intentions; it just doesn’t always come through.
  98. Sometimes I think I'm actually a grown up
  99. I cannot live without laughter.
  100. I believe in a happy ending
TADA!!

No comments: