Thursday, July 14, 2022

Truths

 Welp. As of today I'm 40. (FUCK). I mean, it's great I'm here. My 20s were fun, and I married the love of my life. My 30's I had my children and those two are...my greatest joys and my greatest annoyances. So my 40s...let's see what this decade brings! 

But what kind of milestone birthday blog would this be if I didn't do some sort of soapbox reflection? So I will present you some truths I stand by my 40 trips around the sun

  • A good pen will make or break your day.
  • A person's use of spell check is a determining factor in friendship levels.
  • I loathe text talk.  
  • Pandas are assholes.
  • The patriarchy sucks.
  • There is nothing redeemable about a Tuesday. 
  • Glitter is the herpes of crafts
  • Never trust a girl without girlfriends.
  • Or squirrels.
  • Always, always smell the milk first
  • Generic applesauce and oatmeal taste like cardboard
  • There is no such thing as a "quick trip to Ikea."
  • Don't buy generic toilet paper. Ever
  • Tupperware is unable to be organized and is my nemesis.
  • You can never have too many coats.
  • Or chairs.
  • Or books! (don't you say a thing dr soc!)
  • Removing that stay hair bothering the crap out of you from your clothes is one of life's greatest victories.
  • With small children it's best not to ask what a stain is.
  • Wearing a dress or skirt with pockets automatically defaults to a good day.
  • I cannot please everybody. I am not a taco.
  • A taco can fix almost everything.
  • I'm very likeable.

No comments: