Monday, November 16, 2015

Old Wives Tales

Want to know what Little Turkey is? We do too! But until baby make's it's big debut, we're just going to have to rely on the old wives tales I've been collecting (from the internets, coworkers, and completely random strangers all have opinions) and speculate. So:
  1. Sleep position: Sleep on my right side = girl, Sleep on my left side = boy
    • I try to sleep on both sides, but I usually start and wake up on my right. Girl
  2. Nausea: Sick as a dog = girl. Happy no nausea preggo? (those b*tches!)? = boy
    • Ugh, the 1st trimester overall nausea, dinnertime puking, random breakfast second trimester puking, and now the occasional wave of 3rd trimester nausea. Girl
  3. Soft or dry hands: soft = girl, dry = boy
    • I have both. Dry after washing my hands (which I do after going to the bathroom every half hour. So a lot), but then soft since I moisturize right after (which also happens about every half hour as well). Neutral
  4. Food cravings: sweet cravings and citrus = girl. Salty cravings = boy 
    • Oh the sweet tooth! The baby does a little happy dance when I indulge (I bought a billion bags of Halloween candy (I had coupons! $2 off 3, you bet your ass I did!)) And I have a glass of orange juice in the morning which is new. But then again, I love pickles on my hamburger and I typically only like a bite of pickle every 3 months or so. And I've selected  salty treats here and there too. But the sweet tooth is the overall ruler. Girl
  5. Girls steel your beauty, boys enhance 
    • Zits, oh the zits. My normally beautiful, soft, smooth, unblemished skin that is the envy of many is breaking out like crazy (3 zits at one time?!). Solidly girl  
  6. Graceful swan= girl. Clumsy = boy
    • I'm already a little clumsy, but now I knock myself into everything. I fall over in yoga. And my tummy bumps and gets in the way all the time. And why is getting up so difficult?  Boy
  7. A fuller full face = girl. Normal face = boy
    • normal face Boy
  8. Moody? = girl. Even keel = boy
    • People need to stop being so incredibly stupid if they don't want to irritate me. Some idiots can't even breath without showing their ineptitude at life. Which, no. I've been throwing some serious shade (refer back to number 2 if you need further clarification). I spit nails the other night because I couldn't access a silver alert and possibly help someone. My grouchy levels are high and my bullshit tolerance is non-existent. And the feels! Why is anything that is supposed to illicit the feels have so. many. feels?! WHY? So..uh yeah, girl. 
  9. How I carry the belly: high = girl, low = boy
    • No idea. I have a longer torso and my belly is right in the middle. Neutral 
  10. How I carry the belly "sports" edition: cute round basketball shape belly = boy. Not as cute wider pointier football shape belly = girl 
    • Adorable basketball belly. Boy
  11. Weight gain in the front = boy, weight gain that spread out = girl 
    • Considering people figured out I was pregnant before I told them because my ass getting wider, we'll give that one to the girl
  12. Conception age and the year are both even or odd = girl. An even/odd combination = boy
    • I became pregnant at 32 in the year 2015. So even/odd combo is a boy.
  13. Internet Chinese gender prediction: enter your age and month you conceived baby and hit the predict button (I don't know the maths/reasoning behind these calculations) They just gave me 
    • boy 
  14. Heartbeat: 140+ = girl 140- + boy
    • All heartbeat readings have been 140+ girl
  15. Mommy's dreams: whatever you dream you're having, opposite is what comes out.
    • Around 20 weeks I dreamed we were having a girl. Boy  
  16. Tie husband's wedding ring to a string and dangle over my tummy. If it spins in a circle = girl. Spin back and forth = boy (This one is the most accurate because we tested this one over my friend's tummy who is also pregnant and we know she's having a girl, and her spin was a definite circle) 
    • Back and forth, 2 of 3 times: Boy 
So in the girl column we have: 7
And in the boy column we have: 7
Neutral : 2

So...happy speculating!

No comments: