Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Grown Up

There are several signs that point to being a grown up. Some of the ones I have experienced are:
  • I am willing to pay for convenience rather than find the cheapest option possible.
  • I have nice cookware and know how to use all my kitchen appliances.  
  • Guests stay in my guest room with a real bed and don't crash on the couch anymore. 
  • Eleven o'clock is when I want to be home from a night out, not when I start my night out.     
  • I will leave a place when it is "too loud."
  • My grocery list consists of real food and is not entirely made up of cheap wine.
  • I prefer to be addressed as ma'am. 
  • I have no idea who is "singing" on the radio, and I'm not going to bother to find out either.
  • I have my 20-something coworkers explain slag terms and current social media to me. 
But I think the biggest grown up significance of being a grown up is:
When I tell people I'm going to have a baby around Thanksgiving (yep!) the response is: Congratulations!

No comments: