Monday, October 3, 2011

Color Deal

We're going to start registering in about 1 week.  Color me excited!
We actually started a list of things we need/want/like a few months ago.  One of us would say oh, we need such-and-such, and the other would say, we can register for that.  And being aware of my ability for only remembering two things at a time, we started a running list.

The first thing on there is the ubiquitous Kitchen-Aid mixer found on every registry.  Though I don't know if we actually need to do so because doesn't it just automatically come on every registry known to woman?  You just pick the color you want when the time comes. 

I'm sure it's no surprise what color I want.  I'm sure it's no surprise that my color choice was met with some opposition from Mike.  He knows me pretty well. And knows that if something comes in pink, I want it. And as tolerant as he is of my pink-lust, he doesn't want pink everything. Which fair enough.  
So, we made a deal. I really really really, want that pink mixer.  I have my heart set on that color.  But, that's the only thing I have my heart set on. So I do get my pink mixer! But the blender, Cuisinart and everything else the gets a color choice, we (ok, I)  won't select pink.   Nope. That stuff, like the Le Crueset dutch oven that I've recently become obsessed with, that stuff, we'll ask for in blue. 

No comments: