Thursday, December 23, 2010

Double Dipper

Want to hear what an awesomely good person I am? Cause I am.
I was able to give blood today so woohoo! The last time I tried to give blood, my iron was high enough but my veins wouldn't cooperate. I think I clotted too soon and the blood center couldn't get a usable donation from me. I was pretty miffed after all that.

Well, anyway, today got my butt to the blood center and my iron high enough to give. And the whole drive over to the blood center, I'm saying to myself, I will give blood today! I will give blood today! I will give blood today! Little engine that could style. And it worked because not only was my iron super high enough, my veins were cooperative and the vampire had no problems finding, sticking and getting a donation from me.

Being super please with myself, in that I was able to donate and that I didn't get dizzy, I also decided to forgo the t-shirt you get when donating. Those proceeds (or whatever) from the shirt goes towards the Salvation Army. With the move happening in 2 weeks (eep!), I don't need another t-shirt that I won't wear that often. And it was the nice thing to do too. I also had the option of movie passes, but they are only good at one theater and had to be used within the next week, so I didn't really want those either. So I donated twice today. I'm an awesomely good person.

Then I spent the next hour traipsing down the aisles of Liquor Barn and bought a case of wine*. So much for that avoid strenuous activities and no booze for 12 hours!
*Yep. Twelve bottles of wine.** Heavy stuff yo.
**Though in fairness, they are all gifts.***
***Three of them just happen to be for me.

No comments: