Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Oh Dear

I'm taking Bailey for a late evening walk because she just just had to go. So we're going around the block, and there's a dog not on a leash wandering around. My friend's dog was just viciously attacked by a dog not on a leash, so I was immediately wary. But lucky for us, this dog was just curious and it's owners (I assumed) were standing across the street.

I let Bailey and stranger dog approach each other and sniff. They stick their noses in inappropriate places, because they're dogs, that's what they do. I begin to lead Bailey away, but she started to crouch like she had to number two, so I wait a few moments. Then I realize stranger dog is a boy dog and he's starting to walk behind Bailey...

Omigod!
flashes through my head. Out of my mouth comes "Hey! Don't do that to my dog!"

Even though she's spayed, I still don't want any of that going on. She's on her leash for goodness sake so I'm only 6' away from her for starters. Eww. As far as I know, Bailey hasn't had her cherry popped. And I'm more than fine with it staying that way.

Is it wrong I want my dog to remain a virgin?

No comments: