Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Laser Eyes

Yesterday my husband had the consultation with an eye surgeon to see if he was a good candidate for getting laser eyes*/permanent contacts. He was excited about the possibility of ending one of his longest relationships ever with contacts and glasses, while me as his wife just worried he would ruin his only pair of eyes.

He's not getting laser eyes. For several reasons:
  1. the surgeon has only done this procedure 2-3 times
  2. it's super expensive
  3. he's not a good candidate because his corneas are too thin
  4. and because of his thin corneas, he's already at a risk for detached corneas and cataracts, and getting this surgery would increases those risks.
In other words: HELL NO. Given my feelings on the possibility of the surgery alone you can guess I'm not too disappointed** by this. But I also knew how excited he was for it so I was disappointed at least a tad bit for him. The good news is thought that hubby's ok with not being able to do so too. Given his general-uber cautiousness getting a new expensive surgery that increases some already existing risks from someone whose only done it 3 times isn't quite his thing. Though he is a little bummed he won't be able to shoot lasers from his eyes.

Good things the dogs can though:
Yep
What? You don't think I would make something that awesome up do you?

*For reasons I don't remember we joked about him asking the dr about getting laser*** eyes at his regular eye appointment. He didn't but that same appointment that put the permanent contacts idea into his head. 
**I do however feel slightly vindicated about my worry though.
***I am slightly disappointed that lasers is spelled with a S and not a Z for some reason.

No comments: