Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fashion show! Fashion Show! Fashion show at lunch!

I tried on my wedding dress for the first time!  There are not enough exclamation points in the world to convey how happy I am about that.  When the dress first arrived there was no reason for me to try it on, so it waited patiently for me in a closet in Lexington until the time was right. And then, once the time was right, I couldn't wait to put it on for the first time.

However, I did have to wait a little bit, because like I said, the dress was in a closet in Lexington.  And every time I was in close enough proximity to it, so was my future husband.  And while I may not be the most traditional of brides in some aspects, I DO NOT want my fiance to see that dress or me in it until I am walking down the aisle to him.  But I'm visiting Lex by myself this week, so I finally, finally, got to put on the dress I have been wanting to wear for as long as I can remember. 

So before lunch today, stepped into my wedding dress for the first time.  It needs to be taken in in some places, and other places I can't gain an ounce, but it was wonderful.  Wonderful, happy and so hopeful.  But really, just so, so, so happy.

SQUEEEEE!!! 

No comments: